Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 18 July 2015

तेरी चुनरी की किनार है काली




________________________________________________________________

तेरी ओढनी है काली 

पर
पालव रंग गुलाल ,

हर दोरे में सींचा मैंने
रंग लहू का लाल ,

ये कैसे मुमकिन ?

मेरी जो है कर्क राशि
और मेरा लहू है काला !

हो शकता है आंसू ओ से सींचा
मेरे आंसू ओ का रंग लाल !

इन आंसू ओ से उठती है
एक आग बिरह की,

जल जाता हूँ तो
रहे जाती हैं
ख़ाक बिरह की ,

ललाट से जो उठती है
वो अग्नि शिखाए
भस्म करेगी
अनंग को ,


तुम्हारी मांग में
भर ना पाया
सिन्दूर
ये सोच के ,

मीरा का जो कहान
वही तेरा सुहाग ,

तेरी मांग में
सिन्दूर नहीं 

मोहन के प्रेम की
श्याम के काम की
ख़ाक भर दू ,


तेरी चुनरी की किनार है काली ,

पर तेरे कहान की कांबली का
तू सफ़ेद धागा

मेरे काले रंग से
तू गोरी !
-----------------------------------------------


Hindi Translation / 18 July 2015
Original Gujarati  /  Tuesday, 2 October 1979

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The Edge Of Your Chunari Is Black

your cloak is black

But

palav color gulal,

I watered every corner

color blood red,

How is this possible?

my zodiac sign is cancer

And my blood is black!

May be watered with tears

The color of my tears is red!

Rises from these tears

A fire of separation,

if I get burnt

are staying

ashes of separation,

that arises from the forehead

he taught fire

will incinerate

To Anang,

in your demand

could not fill

vermilion

By thinking this,

Meera's story

That is your marriage,

at your request

not vermilion

Mohan's love

Shyam's work

fill the ashes,

The edge of your chunari is black,

But what about Kambli of your story?

you white thread

with my black color

You are fair!

===============================================

Translated In Google Translate - 06/03/2024

=============================================

તારી ચુંદડી ની છે કિનાર કાળી

---------------------------------
તારી ઓઢણી ની કાળી કિનાર
મારાજ લોહી થી રંગેલ છે :

મારી કર્ક રાશિ
તેથી જ મારું લોહી કાળું છે !

પણ મારા આંસૂ ઓ નો રંગ
લાલ છે ,

એમાં જે વિપ્લવ ની આગ
ભડકે બળે છે ,
મને જ બાળે છે ;

મારા લલાટે ઉઠતી અગ્નિશિખા થી
આજે ,
મારો જ કામદેવ
રાખ થાશે ;


સિંદૂર તો આપી શક્યો ના ,


પણ તારો તો સુહાગ છે
મીરાં નો ,

તારે સેંથે તો
મોહન ના પ્રેમ ની
શ્યામ ના કામ ની
ભસ્મ જ શોભે ;


તારી ચુંદડી ની છે કિનાર કાળી :

પણ તારા કહાન ની કાંબળી નો
તું સફેદ દોરો ,

મારા શ્યામ રંગ થકી
તું ગોરો , ગોરો .

No comments:

Post a Comment