Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 6 August 2016

रात में तो रहम खाओ !



_________________________________________
एक ज़माना था 
सुबह की गाडी से मैं आता था ,
और 
शाम होते चला जाता था ;

अब क्या ज़माना हैं  !

रात की पाँख पर उड़ कर 
तुम आती हो ,
और सुबह होने से पहले ही 
चली जाती हो !

ज़रूर , मैंने चाहा 
तुम आओ ,
कम से कम 
ख्वाब से तो बहेलाओँ  !

मगर , सताने का 
ये कैसा बहाना ?

मैंने तो नहीं कहा था 
सखियो को साथ लाओ  ! 

दिन भर तो तुम्हे 
ढूंढता फिरता हूँ ,
फिर रात की आश में 
अँधेरे के आगोश में 
सो जाता हूँ ,

रात में तो रहम खाओ  !

---------------------------------------------------------------
07  Aug  2016

www.hemenparekh.in > Poems ( Hindi )
=======================================

Have mercy at night!

there was a time

I used to come by morning train,

And

Evening went on;

What a time it is now!

flying on the wings of the night

you come,

and before the dawn

You go away!

sure, i wanted

You come ,

at least

Let me seduce you with dreams!

But, to torment

What kind of excuse is this?

I didn't say that

Bring your friends along!

you all day long

I keep searching,

then in the hope of night

in the embrace of darkness

I go to sleep,

Have mercy at night!

=======================================================

Translated In Google Translate - 04/03/2024




No comments:

Post a Comment