Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 19 March 2017

क्या तुम्हें पहना सकु ?



__________________________________________
क्या तुम्हें पहना सकु ?

------------------------------------

कुछ साल पहले 
एक ख़याल था ,

घूंघट उठाके तेरा 
नज़रे मिलाने का ,
एक ख्वाब था  !

अब ए उम्र तो पूरी होने चली ,

नयी उम्र की ख्वाहिश लेके 
चला हूँ  !

आकाश जैसी नीली ,
मेघ ने जिसे चूम लिया हो 
उस धरती जैसी हरियाली ,
मानो ,
नदी में नहा के निकली हुयी 
उषा जैसी शर्मीली ,
खुद मेरे हाथो से रंगी ;


एक चूनरी 
क्या तुम्हें पहना शकु ?

"गर चाहो तो 
मेघ - धनु के रंगों से रंगी 
कंचूकी 
तुम्हे पहना शकु ?

तू हो 
मेरे गांव से गुजरती सरिता ,

तेरी गोद में 
शर छुपाके सोने का 
ख्वाब लिए चला हूँ ;

नयी उम्र का 
नया ख़याल लेके चला हूँ   


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hindi Transliteration / 20 March 2017

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I wear you?

a few years ago

I had a thought,

lift your veil

to make eye contact,

It was a dream!

Now this age is coming to an end,

wishing for a new age

I am leaving!

blue like the sky,

the one kissed by the cloud

Greenery like that earth,

As if ,

came out after bathing in the river

Shy like Usha,

Colored with my own hands;

a chunari

Are you wearing Shaku?

"If you want,

clouds - colored with the colors of sagittarius

Kanchuki

Shaku wearing you?

you are there

The river passing through my village,

in your lap

gold hidden

I am walking with a dream;

new age

I have come with a new idea

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translated In Google Translate - 01/03/2024

==========================================================


Original Gujarati  / Lucknow  /  28  Sept  1988 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------


તારે ખોળે સૂઈ જાઉં ?


-----------------------------------------------------
તારો ઘૂંઘટ ઉઠ્હાવવાના સપના માં 
એક ઉમ્ર પૂરી થવા આવી ;

હવે એક નવી ઉમ્ર ની ખ્વાહીશ 
જ્યાં તને ,
ચુંદડી ઓઢાડવા આવીશ ;

મારા હાથે રંગી 
નિલા આભ ની વાદળી 
શર્મિલી ઉષા ની ગુલાબી ,

મેઘે ચૂમી ધરતી ની હરિયાળી ,

તને ગમે છે તે 
મેઘધનુ ની કંચૂકી ;

તું છો 
મારે ગામને ગોંદરે વહેતી 
સરિતા ,

તારે ખોળે સૂઈ  જાઉં  ?

No comments:

Post a Comment