Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 17 July 2019

तेरे ज़ुल्फोमें छिपा रखोगी ?




मैंने आज रोना चाहा


पर ज़माने से छुपा कर मुहं ,
कैसे रोऊ ?

'गर आज
तेरा आँचल होता
तो मेरा काम बन जाता ;

क्या मेरे अश्क को
तेरे ज़ुल्फोमें
छिपा रखोगी  ?

जब रो न शका
सरेआम ,
तब बादलो से कहा ,

" न तुम्हे परवाह ज़माने की ,
  न फ़िक्र किसी से छिपने की ,
  गरज गरज कर बरसो ,
  जा कर अलकापुरी
   
  पूछो पिया को ,

  क्या दे पाओगी तेरी 
  लाल पिली चुनरी ?

  उसे ओढ़ कर  सोने की
  आश में  
 
  सह्याद्रि की चोटि पर
  बैठा  है यक्ष तेरा,

फिर हर सावन 
इन तवारीखों में,


मेरे आंसू बन  
बहेंगे  जो झरने
उसे क्यूँ छुपाऊं  ?


 ==================================
19  July  2019  /  Mumbai
===============================================

Will you keep it hidden in your hair?

i felt like crying today

But hiding my face from the world,

How should I cry?

'Gar today

would have been your lap

Then my work would be done;

what about my tears

in your hair

Will you keep it hidden?

When I couldn't cry

openly ,

Then said to the clouds,

 

"Don't you care about the world,

  Don't worry about hiding from anyone,

  Let it rain with thunder,

  go to alkapuri  

  Ask Piya,

  what can you give me

  Red yellow chunari?

  to cover it up and sleep

  in hope

  on top of Sahyadri

  Your Yaksha is sitting,

again every monsoon

In these dates,

become my tears

the waterfalls that will flow

Why should I hide it?

==============================================================

Translated In Google Translate - 26/02/2024

  

No comments:

Post a Comment