Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 16 June 2019

कस्मे - वादे

तुम्हारे घर की गली 
जा के मिलती है राजपथ को ,
वही नुक्कड़ पर खड़ा था 
पेड़ एक , पलाश का  ;

याद है वो रात 
पकड़ कर मेरा हाथ 
तू चल पड़ी थी 
लौट के उस नौटंकी से ,

नाम था जिस का , 

कस्मे - वादे  ;

तब वो पलाश की छावं में 
मधरात के उस अँधेरे में ,

तू पलभर ठहर गयी   :

छोड़ के हाथ मेरा 
ओठों से मेरे कस गयी  !

मानो , वादे किये थे जो 
कसमों में सिमट गए 

न तू कुछ बोल पायी 
न मैं  ;

पलाश साक्षी था  ;

आज भी मेरे इंतज़ार में  
वहीँ खड़ा है ;

पर तेरे घर की गली 
अब मेरे लिए 
मानो बन्ध  हैं  !

अब तुम्हे 
ज़मीं पे नहीं ,
सितारों  में ढूंढता हूँ  !

=========================

17  June  2019
=============================================

Vows - Promises

the street of your house

Go and meet the Rajpath,

he was standing at the same corner

Tree one, of Palash;

remember that night

hold my hand

you had started

Come back from that drama,

Whose name was,

vows - promises;

Then in the shade of Palash

In that darkness of mid-night,

You stopped for a moment:

leave my hand

My lips became tight!

As if promises were made

wrapped in vows

you couldn't say anything

Neither am I;

Palash was a witness;

still waiting for me

Standing there;

but the street of your house

now for me

As if there is a bond!

 

now you

not on the ground,

I search in the stars!

===================================================================

Translated In Google Translate - 26/02/2024


No comments:

Post a Comment