Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 25 July 2019

क्या प्रीतम आया ?




Hindi transliteration /  25 July  2019

क्या प्रीतम आया ?

=======================

दिल के शोले 
अब बुज़ने चले ,
जो कभी अंगारे थे 
वो आज 
राख होने चले  ;

कभी कभा , कहीं से आके 
हवाओं के ज़ोके ,
दामन से मेरी चुनरी उड़ाते है ;

बंध कर आँखे शोचती हूँ ,

" क्या प्रीतम आया ?
  पुरानी शरारत लाया ? "

इन खयालो 
अतीत से आते है ,
खूब सताते है 
और कहते ;

" कहो पिया 
कहाँ आके,
किस कदर  मिलु ?

जलादे फिर एकबार ,
प्यार के वो शोले 
सनम ,
हो न पाए ख़ाक 
तेरी इश्क के शोले ;

मुझे आज 
तेरी आग में जलना है ,
शमा न होके ,
मुझे आज 
परवाना होना है  !

==============================

Has Pritam come?

dil ke sholay

Now let's extinguish it,

who were once embers

that today

Let it turn to ashes;

 

sometimes, come from somewhere

gusts of wind,

They blow my chunari from the hem;

 

I close my eyes and wash my eyes,

 

"Has Pritam come?

  Brought up an old mischief? ,

 

think about these

come from the past,

bothers me a lot

And say;

 

"Tell me Piya

Where did you come?

How should I meet?

 

Burn once again,

those shoals of love

Lover ,

May it not be ashes

Shows of your love;

 

today I

I want to burn in your fire,

Without any light,

today I

Must have a license!

====================================

Translated In Google Translate - 22/02/2024

==============================================


From following original Gujarati :  ક્યાં આવી ને મળું  ? : 

રાખ વળી ગયી છે ,
અંતર નાં ઓલવાતા અંગારા પર 
ખાક વળી ગયી છે  ;

ક્યારેક 
ક્યાંક થી 
વસંત નો વાયરો વાય ,

મારા પાલવ નીચે 
જાણે 
સાયબા નો હાથ અડી જાય ,

ત્યારે પતંગિયા ની પાંખે ઉડી 
અતીત ઓષ્ટ ને ચૂમે 
મારું મનડું ઝૂમે ,

રાખ ઉડે , ને 
રોમે રોમે 
પ્રેમ અગન માં જળુ --

" પ્રિતમ , કહે ને ,
કેમ કરી ને 
ક્યાં આવી ને મળું  ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahemadabad Airport /  April 06 1989 

No comments:

Post a Comment