Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 13 July 2020

छूपा कर दामन में तेरे

 




अब थक चूका हूँ 

प्रिये ,

पुकार के तुज़े बार बार 
गला सूख चूका है ;

बचे ना अश्क ,
दिए आँखों के 
बुज़ने चले ;

प्रिये ,
तमन्नाओ थी ,

छूपा कर दामन में तेरे 
दिल मेरे ,
सुनना चाहा 
आषाढ़ी मेघ का गीत ,

लायी जिसने जिस्म में तूफान 
उस अनिल के सूर को 
झेलना था ;

नाव को मेरी 
दामन की लहरों पर तेरी 
झूमना था,  

आकर आवेश में 
तेरे आश्लेष में 
खुद को खोना था ;

अब मुजे बुला रहे 
जल अतल अनंत के ,
ले चले है मेरे प्राण को 
मजधार के उसपार ;

पर जल रहा है जो दिल में 
चराग तेरे नाम
जलता रहेगा ,
अँधेरे मेरे दिल के 
रोशन करता रहेगा 


=============

13  July  2020

==========================

from original Gujarati  

===============================================
I am tired now
darling,
I call you again and again
The throat is dry;
No tears left,
given eyes
started extinguishing;
darling,
I had desires,
hiding in your lap
my heart,
wanted to hear
Aashadhi Megh's song,
who brought a storm in the body
to that Anil's tune
Had to endure;
my boat
On the waves of your hem
wanted to dance,
in a rage
in your praise
Had to lose myself;
now you are calling me
Water is bottomless,
have taken away my life
Beyond the laborer;
But what is burning in the heart
Charag Tere Naam
will keep burning,
darkness of my heart
will continue to illuminate
======================================
Translated In Google Translate - 13/02/2024
=========================================================================================


Monday, 12 August 2013

હતી જે ઝંખના


===================

થાકું છું હવે હું ,
હે પ્રિયે ,

પુકારી પડ્યો છે તને ,
શોષ કંઠે ,

ખૂટ્યા અશ્રુ ,
રહ્યા ટમટમી નેન ના ,
દીવડાં તેજહીન  ;

હતી જે ઝંખના ,
પ્રિયા ,

વિસામી તુજ ઉરે હૈયું મારું ,
અષાઢી મેઘ ને અનિલ ઝંઝા તણાં
સુર ઝીલવા ,

'ને
હિંચાવી નૌકા તરંગે ,
ગુમાવી આત્મ ને
તુજ આશ્લેષે પ્રગાઢે ,

અતલ જળ રાશિ ના ગંભીર સાદે ,
લઇ જવા પ્રાણ ને મારા ,
અનંત ની પેલે પાર  ;

નથી તે મૃત્યુ પામી

રહેશે સદીપ્ત જ્યોત ઉરની ,
ઈધન તેના અખૂટ .



Champaign-Urbana ( University of Illinois )

16 Nov 1955

No comments:

Post a Comment