Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Wednesday 27 May 2020

क्यों न तेरी आँखे बरसे ?




ये कैसा रास्ता   ?

न आगे बढ़ सकू 
न पीछे मूड सकू ;

लम्बी राह के बाद 
एक बादल बरसा
वो भी रेगिस्तान में ,

ना बह पायी उसकी धारा ,
ना इतना जल के 
पुकुर बन पाए !

सूरज निचे 
जलती धरती में 
बादल की दो बुँदे सूख जाए ;

तेरी नज़रों का प्यासा 
मेरा मन  ;

ऐसा तरसे मेरा मन 
चाहे ऐसा मेरा मन 
क्यों न तेरी आँखे बरसे  ?

मुझे आज जीना है,

'गर मिल सके ना आंसू तेरे ,
तो फिर 
तेरे होठों से गिरे 
लब्ज़ को पीना है 

इस चौराहे पर 
कब तक 
तेरी राह देखु  ?

 ===========

27 May  2020 / Mumbai

================

Why don ' t you close your eyes ?

What is this path ?

Neither can you go forward nor go back ;

after a long journey ,

a cloud fell in the desert ,

neither could its stream flow ,

nor could it form a pool of water !

Let two drops of the cloud dry in the sunlit land below ;

my heart thirsts for your eyes ;

why should not your eyes rain down my heart in such a way ?

I have to live today , ' If you can ' t find the tears ,

then you have to drink the tears that fall from your lips .

================

Translated In Bhashini - 21/02/2024

=====================================



============================

Tuesday, 2 July 1985

પણ ક્યાં સુધી ?


===================================




 આ કેવો રસ્તો ?

ન તો પાછાં ફરાય
કે ના આગળ વધાય  !

માંડ માંડ વાદળ વરસ્યું ,
તો મરૂભોમ માં  -

ન તો સરવાણી થાય
કે ના તલાવડી ભરાય  !

ધીખતી ધરતી માં પાણી
ધરબાઇ જાય  -

જાણે તારી નજર
'ને મારું પ્યાસું મન  -

એવું તરસ્યું
કે તારા નેણ ના
એક એક કરી
પલકારા ગણું ,

'ને તારા ઓઠ ફફડે તો
એક એક કરી
પડતાં વેણ ને ઝીલું

આ રસ્તા ની ચોકડી એ
તારી રાહ તો જોઉં
પણ ક્યાં સુધી ?

No comments:

Post a Comment