Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 25 May 2020

जब तेरे गावं से निकला



जब तेरे गावं से निकला
तब
आसमां में , रौशनी कुछ कम थी ,
मुझे देखने ठहरे हुए थे 
दो चार बादल ;
एक कोयल बोली
" कू , कू ",


पूरब से आयी 
पवन की एक मंद लहर ,
पेड़ से गिरा एक पान ;


तेरे घर का दरवाज़ा बंध था -


" क्या तुम खिड़की से देखती हो


इस आस में उठा जो सांस मेरा 
थम गया ;


तेरे आँगन के बहार ही 
एक छोटा सा गड्ढा कर 
साँस को दफनाया !




उस साँस के पौधे को सींचने 
थे मेरी आँखों में अश्क ,
जो तेरी ,
खिड़की से जांखने की आस में 
बह कर सुख गए थे !




जब तेरे गावं से निकला 


तब मूड कर बार बार देखा 
पर तेरे घर का दरवाजा 
बंध था !
---------------------------


25 May 2020 / Mumbai

============

When I left your village

When I left your village

Then

There was less light in the sky,

were waiting to see me

Two or four clouds;

A cuckoo called,

"Koo, Koo",

came from the east

a gentle wave of wind,

A betel leaf fell from the tree;

The door of your house was locked -

"Do you look through the window?"

My breath that rises in this hope

subsided;

My breath that rises in this hope

subsided;

just outside your courtyard

make a small hole

Buried the breath!

to water that plant

There were no tears in my eyes,

which is yours,

hoping to look through the window

Had flowed away and dried up!

When I left your village

Then I got mood and watched it again and again.

but the door of your house

There was a bond!

========================

Translated In Google Translate - 21/02/2024

=================================



________________________________________________________________________

Original In Gujarati

તારા ઘર નો ઝાંપો બંધ હતો

તારા ગામ થી નીકળ્યો

ત્યારે
આભ માં આછું અજવાળું હતું ,
 થોડાક વાદળાં થંભી ગયા 'તા  -

એક કોયલ ટહૂકી
પવને પડખું ફેરવ્યું
'ને
પાંચ પાંદડા ફરકયા -

તારા ઘર નો ઝાંપો બંધ હતો .........

આશા થી ઉંચો લીધેલ
મારો શ્વાસ
એક પળ ઉંચો રહ્યો ,

પછી તારે આંગણે એક ખાડો કરી
મેં
નિરાશા ના શ્વાસ ને દાટ્યો  -

એને પાણી પાવા
મારી આંખ ના આંસૂ ખૂટી ગયા 'તા  ;

તારે ગામ થી નીકળ્યો
ત્યારે પાછું વળી વળી ને જોયા કર્યું

-- તારા ઘર નો ઝાંપો બંધ હતો .

---------------------------------

ગોકુલાષ્ટમી  /  08  Sept  1985 


No comments:

Post a Comment