Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 26 May 2020

आज , जरा जल्दी घर आना




आँखों के इशारो से 
तू बोली ,

" प्रीतम ,
आज, ज़रा जल्दी घर आना  "

तू सारसी मेरी 
मैं तेरा  सारस मल्हार ,

आवु तो कैसे आवु  ,
तेरे घर का बंध दुवार  ?  "


कहा ,

" मिल सकते तो हो 
भव - सागर के उस पार  ?  

मेरी ये अभिलाषा 
मिट न पाए 
ऐसी आशा  "

पर कैसे आवु  ?

मेरी नाव का , नाम है 
" निराशा "  !

फिर भी अच्छा लगता है 
जब तुम कहती हो, 

" आज , जरा जल्दी घर आना  "

=====================
 26  May  2020  /  Mumbai

========================

Today , coming home a little early ,

you said with your eyes pointing ,

" Pritam , today , coming home a little early ,

" Tu sarasi meri main tera saras malhar ,

aao toh kaise aao ,

Tere ghar ka bandh duar ?

He said , " Can you meet me on

the other side of the Bay of Bengal ? "

How can I come to such a hope

that this desire of mine does not fade away ?

The name of my boat is " Despair

" ! Still , it ' s nice when you say ,

 " Today , come home a little early . "


=====================

Translated In Bhashini - 21/02/2024

=================================


From original Gujarati  >  https://hcpspoems.blogspot.com/1985/07/blog-post_30.html

========================


Tuesday, 30 July 1985


આવજે વ્હેલો , વાલમ


================================


આજે
હરિયાળી ધરતી છે તરસી  -

" આવજે વ્હેલો , વાલમ "
કહીને ,
આંખે થી વરસી ;

મેં  કહ્યું ,

" તું સારસી મારી
  હું તારો મલ્હાર ,
  આવું તો પણ કેમ કરીને ,
  તારા બંધ દુવાર "

પણ તને અહર્નિશ આશા ,
ભવસાગર ને સામે કાંઠે
મળવાની અભિલાષા  !

હું કેમ કરી ને આવું ?
મારી નૌકા
નામ - નિરાશા !

ઉઘાડી આંખના સપનામાં
મેં સાંભળ્યું સાચું ?

" પ્રિતમ, વ્હેલો આવજે "

----------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment