Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Saturday 13 June 2020

तू जो कहे मेरे कानो में




तेरे आँगन रोपना चाहा 
मेरी प्रीत का केसुडा ,

पर केसुडा चाहे 
तेरी जवानी की फागुन का रंग ,

कहाँ से लाऊ  ?

बिना सींचे आँख के आंसू 
कैसे मुस्काये केसुडा  ?

वो तो मांगे रंग रुधिर के 
रंग लाल लाल ;

सुखाया जो 
चैत्र के ताप में ,
और मुरझाया 
बैशाख के अगन जैसे अनिल में 
इस में महक कैसे लाऊ  ?

इस आग बरसती दोपहर में 
बन के कोयलिया 
तू जो कहे मेरे कानो में ,

" तू  हु ,  तू  हु , तू  हु  ",

तो बनके  लाल केसुडा 
तेरे आँगन में ,
मैं फागन बन के आउ  

-------------------------------

14  May  2020  /  Mumbai

----------------------------------------------------------

Whatever you say ,

I want to plant in my ears

the flower of my love ,

but the flower of your youth ,

where can I get it ?

How do you smile without tears in your eyes ?

Woh toh rang rang rudhir ke rang laal laal ;

dried that in the heat of Chaitra ,

and dried that in the fire –

like anil of Baisakh ,

how can you make it smell ?

On this fiery afternoon ,

become Koilya ,

whatever you say in my ears ,

" You are , you are , you are ,

" then become Lal Kesuda in your courtyard ,

I will come as Pagan .

----------------------------------

Translated In Bhashini - 16/02/2024

-------------------------------------------------------------------------



---------------------------------

Tuesday, 15 May 1984

તું - હું , તું - હું , તું - હું


----------------------------------------------

આંગણે તારે
મારી પ્રિતનો કેસુડો તો વાવું  ;

પણ તારા જોબન ના ફાગણ નો
કસુંબલ રંગ
કેમ કરી લાઉ  ?

મારી આંખના આંસૂથી
કેસુડો કેમ મોહરે  ?

રુધિર ના રંગ વિના
કેસુડો કેમ ફોરે ?

કેસૂડાને ચૈત્ર ના તાપે તપાવ્યો
કે
કેસૂડાને વૈશાખી વાયરે દઝાડ્યો  ?

તું બળતા બપોરની કોયલ
મારા કાન માં આવી જો ટહુકે ,

"  તું - હું ,  તું - હું ,  તું - હું "

કેસુડો લાલ રંગ લાવે  -

ફાગણ થઇ આંગણ માં
સાયબો તારો આવે .

No comments:

Post a Comment